Wednesday, March 3, 2010

don't you be wasting all your money on syrup and honey because I'm sweet enough

Well, its 1:00 am and I'm up writing a 4-6 page paper. It's a small paper, sure, but I haven't had to do that in quite a while. Movie classes usually don't ask you to write papers. Reviews, sure.. but those are like.. a paragraph, not 4 pages. This one came out of nowhere and then I forgot about it. Typical. I forgot what it was like to be stressed out from falling behind in class, perhaps the field I'm venturing into is too easy :P I'm totally just kidding. I love the movies.

Friday and Saturday we're shooting a black and white noir film on 16mm; I'm pretty excited about that. The other day we practiced actually loading the magazine and the camera itself with some exposed film so that we could get the hang of it, but there's going to be so much pressure when we're working with the stuff we'll actually be using. I'm nervous.. the camera is so heavy and awkward, I can't imagine that this movie is going to turn out that spectacular. It's a dinosaur of a camera too, a news camera from the 50's or something.. it weighs about 60 pounds and when you look through the lens, the view is crooked, but if you make it straight, the camera is crooked.. It doesn't make sense.

I changed my hair. I'm not going to tell you about it though, you'll just have to see it and tell me how much you don't like it. I don't care. I love it, and that's what's important. I'll say one thing, it's short. I have had lots of guys tell me, "don't cut your hair.. I like girls with long hair.." but to be honest, I don't really care what you like. It's about what I like. When someone comes along that thinks I look beautiful the way I am instead of me trying to fit myself into the model of what guys like, then it will be better for everyone involved. So if you don't like it, fine, but I'm not going to change it unless I want to. My physical appearance projects my personality, and I control it. I'm sort of rambling now, I don't know what else to write about. I'm kind of just avoiding the homework I mentioned at the beginning of this post.

Syrup and Honey - Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment