I saw the Senate tonight? For those of you who don't know, they are a musical trio from downtown Seattle that changed my life. In a nutshell, I found them at the beginning of my freshman year of high school and instantly was hooked, I've seen them 50+ times since then, and that's probably an underestimation. Over the years I've actually formed quite the friendship with them, and they've grown increasingly popular. There are lots of ladies that are madly in love with them, but when i walk into a room they will always come dashing over and swoop me up into their arms. They've played in my backyard twice. Anyway, they broke up (as a band) last summer and it broke my little heart. Andrew, (the bassist) went down to California to join a Vaudeville show. Oliver (guitar)travelled the country with his lady-friend and his guitar, and Nick (guitar/lead singer) went solo but he has still yet to do a show. This week however, they were all back in the area so they decided to do a reunion show. It was bittersweet. I'd finally gotten use to seeing them play 10 times a month, and now all of a sudden they do ONE show and then they're gone again. It was very nice to see them again though... I can't tell you how much I love them as people and as musicians.
On the downside of the evening, after the concert I was going to go see my friend who I played poker with the other night but then my mother decided to drive with me, so I had to cancel.
You'll Never Know - The Senate
No comments:
Post a Comment