Wednesday, September 22, 2010

concrete jungle where dreams are made of.

Oddly enough, I had a much better perspective on life when I was a cynic. Instead of thinking, "I wish I had what you have" I would think, "what you have is probably not all it's cracked up to be, and you're just covering up your own tragedy of a life by pretending it's something it's not."

That may not sound that great, but the point is I had more respect for myself. Cynics go with the flow, they feel that what they have is the best it's gonna be and so they may as well run with it.

When I get my paycheck on Monday I'm going to spend all of it on a plane ticket to New York. Why? The real question is, why not? I'm always whining about being trapped in my little box, not getting out, not living.. It's time to live.

Empire State of Mind - Alicia Keys & Jay-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment