Thursday, December 3, 2009

this is the sound of settling.

Last post about Will. Turns out my old nerdy pen pal who had insecurity issues is now an Oxford braniac and a photography genius. Go figure. I almost don't feel good enough for him anymore; he goes to Oxford, I go to Community College. He's a math whiz AND a Photo God, and I just have artistic ambitions.. no real talent yet. This is all just surface information, it would be easier if I could actually talk to him but I almost wish I hadn't found him, I doubt he thought about me at all over the past few years. It's alright though, it's for the best. I mean, he lives in the United Kingdom.. that's not exactly in my neighborhood. Oh boy, if he ever reads this he's going to be totally weirded out.

On a different note, I might get fired tomorrow. That will be something to update you on later. I don't really have anyone specific in mind when I say "you" because as far as I know, no one reads this crap. Why would they? What happened was I was on call last night, meaning I was supposed to call at 4:00 to see if I was needed or not. However, I started doing homework at around 3:00 and when I finally looked up from my essay it was 4:44. Unacceptable. I called and the manager was mad, she said "this is the kind of thing that makes you subject for immediate termination. Come in 15 minutes before your next shift and talk to Joe, the general manager." This sucks. I really don't want to get fired. My mom said she wouldn't be mad at me though :) Because, you know.. that's mostly what I was worried about.

Record, 5 posts in one day. Though I consider the first two from last night, they just happen to be post midnight so they are considered Thursday. Whatever. I hope you don't get too used to such frequent updates, because chances are I will falter a lot when it comes to writing in this thing, but as far as I see it this blog is for my benefit. Not yours. So you can just enjoy it while it lasts, and if you desperately crave my daily updates then you can pester me about it over e-mail.

Song of the.. Hour: The Sound of Settling by the Postal Service

No comments:

Post a Comment