Thursday, December 10, 2009

If you're crazy, I don't care, you amaze me.

Sorry about being a Negative Nancy last night, I'm over it. I taught myself that Fratellis song, Whistle for the Choir, on the ukulele and I've been playing it all day. It's pretty fun :) The only problem is I can't whistle.. So that part I just go "doo doo doo" instead, but I don't think that's how it was originally intended to go.

I'm going to a symphonic band concert tonight in Bellingham. It's such a long drive up there, but.. I don't know, I will tell you later if it was worth it or not. I also think I'm not going to go to the Daft Punk laser lights show tomorrow night. I really wanted to, but the only person from the group that I actually know bailed because it's his uncles birthday, and they are European so apparently they party all night. At least he let me know though so I didn't go and feel like the odd one out. It's okay though, it makes my life less complicated because now I don't have to find someone to cover for me at work tomorrow night.

I know I'm technically done with school, but I still have one more paper to write. My teacher, since he's a doll, extended the deadline for me because there is absolutely no way I could have gotten it in on time. It's a 9 page paper on anything theater related. I thought it was going to be a pain in the ass to write, but you'd be surprised at how breezy it is to write when you outline your essay first. Before I began writing it I decided what each paragraph was going to be about and then I just started writing/brainstorming and I'm at three pages. Sure, it's just a really rough rough-draft, but those are easy to edit. I think the problem most people make when it comes to essay writing is they sit down the first time hoping to knock out their final paper, but it usually doesn't happen that way. I feel like this is something I should have realized a long time ago, it would have saved me a lot of stress.

That's all for now, I have to get ready for my long drive. It would be really great to have a Voxtrot cd to listen to in my car, I really dig them lately, but I only have 2 of their songs on my iPod and they're getting a bit overplayed for my taste.

Don't really have a song of the moment, well.. I kind of do, but it's the song that I used in the last post. Whatever, we'll just go with that. You already know what it is though, just scroll down a bit.

1 comment:

  1. "They're European so apparently they party all night".

    Hehe.

    ReplyDelete